Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Matchee Update

Matchee

Matchee seems to have stabilized with 1 view per day and 1 sale per month.  Having just let it sit in the app store for the first 6 months I was curious what the problem was and decided to poke around the store and see how easy it was to find Matchee.

I decided to search first for one of the keywords I had entered: "Memory".  There were two problems:

  1. 928 Apps were returned from the search for Memory
  2. Matchee was some where in the middle, around 500, doubtful that anyone would make it that far
Next I decided to search for "Match" since that was in the name and a keyword

  1. That returned 2577 apps!!!
  2. After scrolling for a few minutes I gave up trying to find Matchee... if I gave up it probably isn't likely that anyone else will find it either in the sea of matching apps.

So apparently...

  1. Even though I think I added a new twist to matching, don't pick an app genre that is so easy anyone can crank out thousands of matching apps
  2. Matchee is apparently dead in the app store, at least from being found in there, external advertising would be the only hope now

No comments:

Post a Comment