Friday, May 24, 2013

App Store Submission: Testing

Before submitting to the app store you are able to run a tool called the Windows App Certification Kit that will analyze your app and determine if it passes all of the required tests.  The first time I ran the test I failed and the tool indicated that my root namespace did not match the namespaces found in my application.  The error did not give any real answers on how to resolve the issue.

I'd previously run into a similar  problem at work and realized that I needed to edit the project settings of the application in a text editor, not from within Visual Studio 2012.  Sure enough, in the XML of the projects settings was an entry for root namespace indicating that it was the name of the application: AppMatchee.  In my code I hadn't used that as my root namespace, instead had started namespaces with corp.something.something.  I could either change all of my code or match the default root namespace or manually edit the project settings of the project in the text editor.  I chose the latter and changed the root namespace to "corp" to match my code.

Changing this setting caused the test tool to work with all tests passed the next time I ran it.

No comments:

Post a Comment