Friday, May 24, 2013

Idea Solidification

As work on the app ( now named Matchee ) progressed, the idea began to solidify and I become comfortable with the idea and the code base that had formed around it.  I had decided to lay out the cards on either side of the screen and when a match was made unveil a portion of the picture in the middle of the screen.

As an added idea, I decided to have 3 different difficulties, each of which would reveal a different image, with a different number of card pairs to match.  The hard difficulty allowed the user to match letters of the alphabet instead of matching pictures from the current set.

Finally, 9 different sets of cards were provided, giving 27 unique pictures that would be revealed.

During this initial idea process I already saw the strain of not spending the up front design time as my idea changed dramatically as I went forward ( and received feedback from my wife ).  Luckily my code base was small and fairly well organized that it absorbed large changes relatively easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment