Friday, May 24, 2013

Matchee: Windows 8 Store Search

Excited to see my app finally make it into the store I wanted to see what the competition looked like and how easy it was to find my app.  On submission to the store you were asked to select a handful of keywords that were associated with your app.   I assumed that these would be the criteria used for searching the Windows 8 app store.

The first step was looking at the New Releases in the store.  Hmm, Matchee didn't appear to be listed here.  Why not?  I never figured that out.

Next, I decided to search for one of my keywords: Memory.  Sure enough, putting memory into the search bar returned over 100 apps, but unfortunately, none of them were Matchee.  This was also frustrating as it was one of the keywords I had selected.

A search for "Match" did return Matchee, though I presume only because "Match" was in the name Matchee.  It appeared the keywords I had entered did not carry the same weight as the title of the app, at the moment it appeared that they carried almost no weight.

By this time, I had enlisted 4 friends to purchase Matchee and 1 of them had given the game a 5 star review.  Because of the review I instantly shot up to the top spot in the Games->Kids category when sorted by rating.

Not super excited about searching for my own app, I was at least encouraged that people looking for games within the Kids subcategory would at least be presented with my app in the top 10.

Matchee

No comments:

Post a Comment