Friday, May 24, 2013

Design Process

Working in a CMMI level 5 organization even the documentation has documentation.  You can't even think about writing a line of code before developing a 100 page whitepaper detailing what the code will do ( followed up by a multitude of other documents ).

Was this the process I wanted to follow for my Windows 8 app?

Given the simplistic logic needed for a matching game, even with my twists, I figured I didn't need to perform the entire lifecycle and could rely solely on "cowboy coding".  My tight deadline of 4 weeks and the fact that I could only work on it at night also contributed this this decision.  I figured I could still incorporate design patterns and design for reuse, just not with an entirely thought out plan.  Only time will tell if that was the right decision!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment